Friday 25 January 2008

nearly finished Pokey 25/01/08

Well Kanika, here she is...well nearly. I've really tried to run with the plasticine look- I'm going to talk to alex or jamie about how to push it even further. But i've read a few tips on forums on how we should go about it. The general response is to make it extremely organic looking i.e. smooth, no sharp edges. I've also added 'morph' to our title for bit of inspiration. lol let me know what you think of the character and we discuss is all monday- hopefully you will read this before the weekend is finished.

2 comments:

Kanika said...

The model looks really good, the only thing im worried about though is, if we have to do the head seperatly to do the blend shapes. I know you have to do the blend shapes before rigging so dont rig it yet. I havent done my head yet because i dont know if we have to do it seperatley. Also there might be a problem with the fact that my character has clothes and yours does not; might have a problem with our audience excepting that these two characters can interact in the same scene, what do you think?

Jeff said...

Yeah i know.... I tried to post on the blog before u got the body done to suggest not doing clothes but you havent been on *tut tut* lol I think shoes are a good idea and maybe the tee-shirt. BUT dont do trousers or shorts. U really need to post a picture of your character on blog so i can see tbh.
I was looking at morph stuff and purple and brown and we're over complicating the characters when we put clothes on. We can colour them in different colours to make it not look like flesh, and i'm trying to suss out a bump map with finger prints on.
So 'tweak' your character so it doesn't have trousers on.
The only thing with clothes Kanika, is that texturing the flesh is easy as its just soft colours, but trying to make the clothing look like 'real' cotton etc... is a pain in the backside!

I'm researching blend shapes as there's a much betetr way of doing them just by using curves etc.. as opposed to cutting the head off.
Jeff